200 MO-92, Kearney, Missouri 64060

Winter Weather Plan for Belt Promotion

Request More Information

Request More Information

By providing your number you consent to receive marketing/promotional/notification messages from Advantage Martial Arts. Opt-out anytime by replying STOP. Msg & Data rates may apply.

Request More Information


We wanted to touch base as we are sure that everyone is a little worried about the weather for Saturday morning.  We feel like the best thing to do is to plan to move forward as scheduled until we really see what falls over night Friday. We will try to make a decision as early as possible, but if we decide to cancel we will send out a text no later than 9am Saturday morning.  

Please make sure you are receiving text messages from us, and if you aren't (or are unsure) please send an email to Masterphillips@kearneykarate.com with your name, your child's name, and your phone number so we can add you to the list.

The following is our plan

OPTION 1: Promotions as Normal 

Should we get just a couple inches of just snow we will most likely still hold the promotions.  However, if you feel unsure or unsafe about traveling please do not get out.  Please just let us know via text or email if you are planning to not come in so we can have an idea of who we should wait for and so we don't worry about you thinking you are on your way.

OPTION 2: Lightening Test on Saturday

If it is not bad Saturday morning, but we worry it will get worse as the day goes on then we will promote everyone as quickly as possible on Saturday.  We would ask for all Beginners to come in at 10:00am as planned, and all advanced students to come in at 10:30.  Again, this option will be chosen if the bad weather is still on the way as of Saturday morning.

OPTION 3: Lightening Test on Monday 

We will hold the belt promotion on Monday Jan 13th. White and Yellow belts will be at 6:00, Orange, Green, and Purple belts at 6:30 and Blues, Reds, and Browns at 7:00. If we have to go with this option and you can not attend the make-up promotion please let Master Phillips know so an alternate date can be set, but we hope getting everyone in and out quickly at the beginning of the week will help to make the promotion possible for most students.  

Thank you for your patience and understanding.  We'll make the best decision we can Saturday morning by 9am. 

Request Information Now!